What is an Interactive Whiteboard?
Interactive Whiteboard is an Active Electronic Teaching and Presentation connectable board used as a touchpad to control computers from a projector.
They are used in a variety of settings:
- EDUCATION: University, College, TVET, School, Kindergarten Class rooms...
- BUSINESS: Boardroom, Training room...
- OTHERS: Workshop, Sports Training room, Studio, Auditoriums, Halls
It combines multi-touch functionality, dry-erase writing, and award-winning softwares to foster a truly interactive learning and teaching experience.
It provides users with a wide range of tools to support their instruction activities.
Includes the choice of an Ultra Short Throw Projector or Short Throw Projector with their own specific Mounting Systems.
IWB emulates both a mouse and a keyboard. The user can conduct a presentation or a class almost exclusively from the whiteboard.
Multi-touch Interactive Display
Multi-user interactivity with 10 simultaneous touch points and 2-4 styluses pens.
Engaging Lessons and Presentations
Create and deliver interactive lessons and assessments with our award-winning software, ClassFlow and ActivInspire, included with your purchase.
Plug and Play
Connect your computer to the ActivBoard Touch to power on the system and instantly get started.
Multi-purpose, Dry Erase surface
Providing teachers and students with a 3-in-1 surface that offers optimal viewing, multi-user interaction and dry-erase writing.
Interactive Whiteboard technology extends a highly potential means for teachers to connect and communicate with students, by bringing the outer world to the classrooms and enriching the teaching process into an exciting learning experience. “Anything your computer is able to do, you can do it in front of your classroom,”
Education is steadily evolving from conventional chalk and board approach to a highly dynamic interactive learning model through integration of technology into classroom teaching and other classroom activities. The new generation student is increasingly considering classroom as an extension of technology that they use at their homes such as personal computers, emails, and Internet.
IWBs are supplied with software that provides tools and features specifically designed to maximize interaction opportunities. These generally include the ability to create virtual versions of paper flipcharts, pen and highlighter options, and possibly even virtual rulers, protractors, and compasses—instruments that would be used in traditional classroom teaching.
Benefits of using interactive whiteboards in the classroom:
- Multimedia lessons and presentations including audio and video
- Collaborative problem solving
- Showcasing student projects and presentations
- Recorded lessons that can be used as Revision
- Documentation of student achievement
- Virtual field trips
- There are vast instructional materials and resources specifically designed for interactive whiteboards for schools curriculums.
- Classroom presentations can be recorded for review and revision purposes by students and will help transform learning.
- IWB can also be connected to a school network digital resources distribution system.
- IWBs interact with online shared annotation and drawing environments such as interactive vector based graphical websites.
- IWB are used in Kindergartens and Primary Schools in shared reading lessons to project interactive children books for easier learning and knowledge acquisition.
- Encourage group interaction.
- Promotes collaboration among students and group discussions and participations.
- Used effectively as a tool for brainstorming due to the fact that notes can be taken on the board and saved to be shared and distributed to students later.
Business: Boardrooms or Halls
Uses for Interactive Whiteboards may include:
- Running software that is loaded onto the connected PC: Web Browsers, MS Office Applications, Adobe Applications, Video Application and any other software of your choice.
- Capturing and saving notes written on a whiteboard to the connected PC
- Capturing notes written on a graphics tablet connected to the whiteboard
- Controlling the PC from the white board using click and drag, markup which annotates a program or presentation
- Video/Web Conferencing
A Complete Set-Up for an Interactive Whiteboard Eco-System.
The Interactive Whiteboard is meant to work together with a Computer/Laptop and a Projector. The IW is powered through a USB Cable and the same cable sends/receives data from the Computer/Laptop. The Projector only purpose is to project the image of the Computer/Laptop to the IW.
Interactive Whiteboard drivers are then installed in the Computer/Laptop.
The user then calibrates the whiteboard image by matching the position of the projected image in reference to the whiteboard using a pointer as necessary. After this, the pointer or other device may be used to activate programs, buttons and menus from the whiteboard itself, just as one would ordinarily do with a mouse. If text input is required, user can invoke an on-screen keyboard or, if the whiteboard software provides for this, utilize handwriting recognition. This makes it unnecessary to go to the computer keyboard to enter text.
Research on the Impact of Interactive Whiteboards on Education Standards
Educational and Operational effectiveness of the adoption of Interactive Whiteboards in classes.
The research showed that interactive whiteboard technology led to consistent gains across all key stages and subjects with increasingly significant impact on the second cohorts, indicating that embedding of the technology into the classroom and teacher experience with the technology are key factors.
General feedback: The researched proved a significance improve in students performance in Mathematics, Sciences and English. Download document to get more information on the same.
Three ways by which all the teachers should employ the use of the Interactive Whiteboard in order to achieve the ultimate goal of improving students perfomance: should 'Aid teachers to be efficient', as an 'extension device', and most importantly as a 'transformative device'.
Options Sold Separately
Projectors: Short Throw and Ultra Short Throw Projectors and Mounting Brackets (Front and/or Ceiling Mount) compatible with majority existing projectors.
Speakers: 5.2 Watts Surround System Speakers